One issue you might be running into is that your Wyze Outdoor Camera is not recording your events even when you have them scheduled.
This can become annoying thinking you have this special event recorded on your camera. You do not want to miss out on these important moments so fixing this issue should be a top priority.
If you are experiencing your Wyze Outdoor Camera not recording events there are ways you can troubleshoot this issue yourself. Follow the steps below and see if these fixes can solve this issue.
Why is Wyze Outdoor Camera Not Recording Events?
There could be a few reasons why your Wyzw Outdoor Camera is not recording events, it could be because the device needs to be reset. It could also be an easy fix as updating the camera.
Whatever the issue is I will be going over the ways you can troubleshoot this issue yourself, read below to see why your Wyze Outdoor Camera is not recording events.
1. Wyze Outdoor Camera Needs to Be Refreshed
One of the first things you should do when you notice that your Wyze Outdoor Camera is not recording your scheduled events is to refresh the device. Refreshing the device seems too easy but it could be just the trick you need.
When you do a device refresh this can reset your device back to normal again clearing most errors and bugs nesting in your camera. Like all devices sometimes all it takes is unplugging the device and plugging it back in.
Fix – Refresh Your Wyze Outdoor Camera
Refreshing your Wyze Outdoor Camera is one of the best steps to take when you are experiencing technical issues. Bugs and errors can occur from time to time, a refresh will clear away most of these bugs and errors that can harm your device.
When your Wyze Outdoor Camera is not recording your events a simple refresh can fix this issue. Follow these steps on how to refresh your Wyze Outdoor Camera. Note, if you have more than one camera you will do this to every camera.
Refreshing Wyze Outdoor Camera from Device:
- Go to your Wyze Outdoor Camera.
- Unplug the cables from all connected devices.
- Wait at least a minute.
- Press and hold the setup button on the device for 5-10 seconds.
- Repeat this a couple more times, doing this action will help discard your device of any unwanted errors.
- Plug in all the cables.
- Turn on your camera.
Note, if your camera is permanently mounted this may require propping and unscrewing the holster and bolster.
Refreshing Wyze Outdoor Camera from Wyze App:
If you have the Wyze app downloaded to your smartphone, which is recommended when you own any Wyze product, you can refresh your Wyze Outdoor Camera via the app. Follow these steps to refresh your Wyze Outdoor Camera.
- Open your Wyze app on your smartphone.
- Tap and open your Wyze device tab, doing this action will open your Livestream of your camera.
- At the bottom of the tab you will see a Restart option.
- Tap on the Restart option to refresh your Wyze Outdoor Camera.
2. Wyze Outdoor Camera Needs an Update
If you have refreshed all your Wyze Outdoor Cameras and you are still having trouble recording your scheduled events then the next step to take is to see if your device needs to be updated.
With all smart devices updates need to happen from time to time that will help improve the quality of your device. And yes this includes your home camera like the Wyze Outdoor Camera.
If you check and see if your device needs to be updated and you find out it does update it can solve this issue.
Fix – Update Wyze Outdoor Camera
Wyze is always keeping its eyes out for possible errors and bugs that can be present in its devices. This is when they create an update fixing the issue they see that is becoming a nuisance to their users.
If you see that your Wyze Outdoor Camera needs an update follow these steps. Note, make sure you have the Wyze app downloaded to your smartphone for better access to your Wyze devices.
- Open the Wyze app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Account icon at the top of the app.
- Scroll down and tap on the Firmware Update tab.
- You will see an Update option next to the name of the Wyze device.
- Tap on the option to update your Wyze Outdoor Camera.
- Exit the app and reopen it again to check if the issue is fixed.
3. Event Settings Are Disabled/Scheduled Events Are Turned Off
If you have refreshed your Wyze Outdoor Camera, did an update on the device and you are still experiencing your camera not recording events.
You may want to go into the setting on your Wyze app and see if the Event Recording feature is active or not. Obviously, if the event recording is not active this will not automatically record your scheduled events.
Another to keep your eye out for is if the scheduled event time period is turned on or off. If the time period is turned off they will not record the event on the scheduled time.
Note, if you have an event you need to record and it is important to you, turn on the All Day Recording option. This option will record throughout the day never missing a moment.
Fix – Check/Enable Event Recording and Scheduled Events
Your Wyze Outdoor camera does not record special events as a default feature, you have to go into the setting and enable the event recording yourself.
There are a few ways you can record events, whenever it detects motion, a scheduled time, or you can enable All Day recording to make sure you do not miss a thing.
When you are experiencing your Wyze Outdoor Camera not recording events go into your settings and see if this option is enabled. Follow these steps to enable your Event Recordings.
- On your smartphone go into your Wyze app.
- On the home screen tap on your Wyze Outdoor Camera.
- Tap on the Settings in the top right corner.
- Tap on the Event Recording tab.
- Check to see if the Detect Motion toggle is turned on. Note, if the Detect Motion is not turned on the Event Recording may not work.
- Tap on the Schedule tab that is under the Event Recordings.
- Set a Start Time and Recording Duration for the event.
- If you want to make sure you do not miss a single minute you can turn in the All Day Recording.
4. Wyze Outdoor Camera Motion Sensitivity Detection Needs to Be Increased
When you are having issues with your Wyze Outdoor Camera not recording events, it could be that the motion detection sensitivity is too low.
When your Wyze Outdoor Camera motion detection sensitivity is low this will cause your camera to only record large motion events, like jumping and running.
Since most people at your event will not be running or jumping you will want to set your device’s motion detection sensitivity to a higher setting.
Fix – Set Wyzw Outdoor Camera Motion Sensitivity Detection to High
Your Wyze Outdoor Camera has a Motion Sensitivity Detection that will record when it sees movements. If this feature is set to low it will only record when the movement is large, such as running.
When you set the motion sensitivity detection to high this will record movement like walking which is what you will want when recording an event at your home. Follow these steps to set the motion sensitivity detection on your Wyze Outdoor Camera.
- Open your Wyze app on your phone or tablet.
- On the top of the screen tap on the Settings.
- Select the Motion Detection Settings tab.
- Set the Detection Distance of the camera option to Far.
- Set the Image Sensitivity of the camera to High.
5. Wyze Outdoor Camera Need a Factory Reset
The last option you should take when the other stated above does not work is doing a factory reset on your Wyze Outdoor Camera. Doing a factory reset will reset your camera to the default settings meaning that you will have to set up your device once more.
This can also clear any error that may be the cause of your camera not recording events.
Fix – Reset Wyze Outdoor Camera
Follow these steps to do a factory reset on your Wyze Outdoor Camera.
- On your Wyze app delete the Wyze device.
- If you have an SD card installed in the device, remove the SD card.
- Go to your device, press and hold the Setup button for a little over 10 seconds.
- Wait a minute until you hear the voice message sounds.
- When you see the LED light turns from yellow to blue the restart is complete.
My Final Thoughts
In conclusion, the most common reason is that your Wyze Outdoor Camera is needing to refresh the camera and check to see if there are any updates that are needed. If these steps above still do not fix the issue of your camera not recording events then contact the support team.
Contacting the Wyze support team can help you with any technical issue that you are having on your device. If there is nothing they can do, replacing the camera with a new one might be an option you will have to take.