I will take you through the process of programming your DL2800 alarm clock Trilogy. I will cover each step involved in changing the code, how to add and delete the code, and also how to factory reset.
If you are interested in setting a new code for your lock, or simply want to reprogram the existing code, then keep it here. Note that the DL2800 trilogy has two modes. The first is the programming mode while the second one is the normal mode.
The default master code that this lock comes with allows you to enter the lock’s programming mode and allows you to make relevant programming changes. Even so, this is a factory default code which means that anyone can access the code and as such breach security. It is important to have the code changed to enhance the security of the lock.
How to Change the Master Code on Trilogy DL2800
Having the first master code(which is a factory reset code) is not necessarily the safest thing to do, especially because it can be accessed easily. For this reason, you should act fast and change the code. Learn how to change the master code correctly as follows.
- Place the DL2800 lock in the programming mode. Do this by first entering the master code 123456 using the keypad. Wait for the green light on the lock to illuminate . However, if you had previously changed the code now would be the time to input the current code.
- Once the green light is illuminated, proceed to press the AL button till you hear several beeps. This signifies that the lock is in the programming mode and will beep after every 6 seconds as a reminder of the mode it is in.
- Next you need to press the AL button which you then follow by pressing key 1
- Next press the AL button and proceed to enter the new master code. The code has to be 6 digits.
- Press AL button and then enter the new master code and press star button once more
- Exit the programming mode by holding any button down for at least 3 seconds. The lock will then beep severally to signify the end of the programming mode.
How to Add New User Codes to Trilogy DL2800 Lock
Note that the user code, pass code, or access code is simply a 3 digit to 6 digit code that you enter in order to unlock your lock. The Trilogy DL2800 allows up to 200 codes to be stored. It is also possible to delete and change the codes too.
For this reason, it is possible to create as many codes as you need to. This way you can share it with the people who visit your home for individual access. If you are interested in adding a new user code then proceed as follows.
- Input the current master code and press AL button
- Proceed to press the AL button and then press the second key
- Next press the AL button once more and enter the user number. You should note that the user number you key in isn’t the user code but is a number linked to it. It can be anything from 2 to 200
- Next you should press the AL button and then enter the new user code and finally press the star button.
- If you want to add more codes then you should repeat the process several times again.
Deleting a User Code
You can delete the codes in two ways depending on whether you are deleting one code or several codes. To delete a code, proceed as follows:
- Input the current master code and then proceed to press the AL button
- After pressing the AL button, press 2
- Press the AL button again and key in the number that is linked to the user code that you need deleted
- Next press the AL button and finally press the star button to help delete the entire user code.
Deleting All User Codes
To delete many codes, proceed as follows:
- First set the lock in the programming mode by entering the master code and pressing the AL button.
- You should then press the AL button and proceed to press 1 and then 1 i.e 10
- Next press the AL button and enter the numbers 000
- Finish the star button to complete this process.
- The lock will beep and then illuminate the color green which shows that all the user codes and the users have indeed been deleted.
Changing a User Code
To change a user code, proceed as follows:
- Key in the current master code and proceed to press AL button as a way of activating the programming mode
- Next press the AL button and then press key number 2
- Next press the AL button and enter the user number that is linked to the user code that you want to change.
- You should then press the AL button and key in the new user code. Follow by pressing the star button
- The new code will then override the past code attached to the user number. It is important to test both the new and old code to help verify the changes.
How to Enable/Disable Users on Trilogy DL2800
Note that any user code has to be linked to another unique user number. This means that you can always disable a user code by simply disabling the number attached to it. In case you are not keen on deleting it or changing it, you can opt to disable the number. To disable, proceed as follows:
- Input the current master code and proceed to press the AL button
- Next press the AL button and then press 3
- Finish by pressing the AL button and entering the user number that must be disabled. Finally, press the star button.
- Once the user number has been disabled, it ceases to be associated with the user code so the number will not unlock it until you enable it again.
To enable the code, proceed as follows:
- Key in the master code and proceed to press the AL button
- Next press the AL button and press 4
- Next press the AL button and input the user number that must be enabled before pressing the Star button.
How to Enable/Disable Passage Mode
The passage mode allows you to keep the door unlocked when enabled. This is however a temporary situation so any person can have access to the opened door within the period that the door is unlocked.
There is no need for a user code at this point. To have some level of security, you should consider setting passage mode.
This will keep the door unlocked during the business hours especially if you are using the lock for a commercial door. For you to enable the passage mode, proceed as follows:
- Key in the master code and proceed to press AL button
- Next press AL button and input key 4 and 5 i.e 45
- Next, press the star button and complete the process
To disable the passage mode, proceed as follows:
- Repeat the steps above but instead of 45, key in 4 and 6 i.e 46 for step 2.
- Once on step 2, press the AL button and input key 4 and 6 (46) before proceeding to the last step.
- You can also choose to set a timed passage mode so that you don’t worry about disabling the passage mode. Note that the lock will disable it automatically based on the setting of the timevalue.
There is also the alternative of setting timed passage mode. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Key in the current master code and press the AL button.
- Next press the AL button and press 4 and then 7 ie 47
- Next press the AL button and input the preferred time value in hours. A good example is 012 to represent 12 hours.
- Next press star button and complete the process
Enabling Auto-Lock/Pass Time
This is the feature that automatically locks the lock after it has been left unlocked for a while. It all depends on the time value. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Input the master code and press AL
- Press the AL button and press 5 and 1 (i.e 51) then press the star button. Doing this sets the pass time to 3-5 seconds
- To extend the pass time to 10 seconds, repeat steps one and 2 then key in 5 and 2 i.e 52 as opposed to 51.
- For 15 seconds, key in 5 and 3 i.e 53. You need to follow the same steps 1 and 2 but with different numbers.
How to Reset Trilogy Lock DL2800
To reset the lock erases the previous programming which means that you will need to reprogram the lock using the default master code. You can always reset the trilogy DL2800 lock as follows:
- Input the master code and press the AL button
- Next press the AL button and then enter 99
- Next press AL button and press 000 and then press the star button