The Ecobee does display the time that is current in your location. With that being said you may have noticed that your Ecobee is set in a different Time Zone than your location. This can be frustrating when you have your Ecobee set on a schedule yet the time is different on your Ecobee than what the actual time is in the area that you live.
But how do you change the Ecobee Time Zone? Thankfully there is a way that you can change the Ecobee Time Zone. In this guide I will be going over how to change the Time Zone on your Ecobee, so you will no longer have to experience this problem.
How to Change Ecobee Time Zone
If you are wondering how to change the Time Zone on your Ecobee there is a way that you can do this. However, it is a bit annoying that Ecobee made this the only option to change the Time Zone on your Ecobee.
The issue you may have noticed with your Ecobee is that the scheduled times that you have set your Ecobee to either heat or cool your home may be an hour off. This is the first sign that the Time Zone on your Ecobee is set wrong. As mentioned above there is a way that you can change the Time Zone on your Ecobee.
1. You will have to go into the Ecobee website and log into your account from there. Yes, you have read that right you can not change the Ecobee Time Zone on the Ecobee or on the Ecobee device.
2. Once you are logged into your personal Ecobee account on the Ecobee website, you will then want to go into the setting option on the Ecobee Website.
3. Once your personal setting on the Ecobee website for your Ecobee smart thermostat you will see an option for Time under the settings.
4. Once under the Time option, you will then be able to change the Time Zone on your Ecobee.
5. Select the correct Time Zone for your area, that way the scheduled time on your Ecobee thermostat will now be in the right Time Zone.
6. You will notice that if you try to do this on your Ecobee or the Ecobee app there will not even be a warning telling you that you can only change the Ecobee Time Zone on the Ecobee website.
This was something that Ecobee users had to figure out without any help, that is where the internet comes in handy. To help you find solutions to problems you may be having.
As mentioned above you will have to go into the Ecobee website and log into your Ecobee account. From there you can change your Ecobee to the correct Time Zone in the setting on your Ecobee account.
Note: Ecobee will not allow you to change the Ecobee Time Zone on the Ecobee app or the device, which is super inconvenient for the users.
Once you are in your Ecobbe account on the Ecobee website from there it is pretty easy to change your smart thermostat to the correct Time Zone for your area. Once that is changed try to see if your Ecobee will cool or heat your house at the correct scheduled time.
My Final Thoughts
In conclusion, since the Ecobee app or the thermostat does not warn you that you can only change the Ecobee Time Zone on the Ecobee website. This is something that you think Ecobee will warn you about, however, other users have solved the problem and posted it on the internet.
Once you figure out that you need to log into your Ecobee account on the Ecobee website changing the Ecobee Time Zone is easy from there. Once you have set your Ecobee to the correct Time Zone on the Ecobee website this should fix your problem.